Thursday, August 31, 2023

Lucky

 

I feel like the luckiest person in the world when I have this for breakfast. Avocado toast made on something called "Super Bread" from Trader Joes. Kind of a weird, low-guilt bread, filled with with orange bits (carrots?) and twigs and bird seed.   

Anyway, I used up the healthy calories yesterday-- worked all morning at the Cafe then hit the canning treadmill in the afternoon. 

No, I didn't also hit the bottle. Ha! We rarely ever drink anything but wine, and I found this old bottle of cognac in the basement. So I made 7 pints of spiced brandy plums with a recipe from the Internet. 

No idea how they will taste, spiced with star anise and cinnamon sticks. Ask me around the holidays, because it's going to be that long until I can eat a plum again. 

Today a batch of plum chutney-- then the plum orgy ends. Hope to get as many off the tree as possible so they don't fall on the sidewalk and rot. We're taking a short trip this weekend, more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment