Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Jungle of color


What exceptional flowers this summer. With all the rain, I've hardly had to water at all. The lilies are at their peak, and sadly no one to see them except us, the bunnies and birds. Truly a secret garden this year.

I've been thinking about the big garden parties we used to throw in July and August, sometimes as many as 50 friends in the yard.  My only care in the world then was worrying if it was going to rain.

Of course that's not true, I've always found silly things to fret about. What will we learn from this experience when we finally come out the other side? Hopefully it gives us better perspective on what's trivial and what's truly important.

Speaking important things in life: a new 50-gallon water heater doesn't hurt.  Powerful gas-fired, it heats scads of scalding hot water in minutes.  Well, it seems like minutes, compared to pots on the stove. Last night I filled the  bathtub to the top-- sheer luxury after sitting in an inch of lukewarm water trying to wash my hair.

More has happened this week, than in the last 4 months combined. All good.


No comments:

Post a Comment