Monday, April 6, 2020

Make your own?


If you can't find hand sanitizer, they say just make your own at home. Easier said than done, when the things you need aren't available now, like aloe vera gel.  I had half a bottle of moisturizing gel from Trader Joe, containing aloe vera, which I figured would work.

The ratio is 2/3 cup of gel to 1/3 cup of alcohol.  Add about 10 drops of aromatherapy oil. Mix it all together. Even with the pure lavender, it smells pretty strong. I'm sure it's powerful enough in a pinch.

I put it in an empty liquid soap container, another totally taken-for-granted-thing you can't find. Thank goodness plain old bar soap works fine. I've switched over to milder Dove anyway, because I'm washing the skin right off my poor old hands.

Spring has been slow in Seattle this year, in fact, March was a colder month than January.  Finally, this week, we warm up with high temperatures in the 60's. Despite the grim warnings, there will be more people outside. I can get my outdoor exercise working in the garden, instead of walking aimlessly around avoiding other people.

In these crowded neighborhoods, we have a long ways to go learning the new social distancing etiquette. For example, you can't walk down the middle of the sidewalk anymore like you own it.

I forgive the families with their kids and bikes, but there's no excuse for a couple with 2 dogs on 10 foot leases hogging a huge bubble of space all around them. Anyway, it gets old, constantly crossing the street trying to away from people.

Take care. Stay safe. One day at  time.

No comments:

Post a Comment