Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Dressed Alike

 Marji and Suzy
First day of school
1956

Here's a lovely poem my sister wrote recently in her Creative Writing Class.

Marji, Thank you for everything. You're our family treasure.

Dressed Alike

We are only two years apart,
And our mother dressed us alike.
Same dresses- different colors.
One pink- one green,
One blue, one yellow.
Hats and gloves, pretty shoes with frilly socks, Easter baskets.

One blonde, one brunette,
I wanted to read,
She wanted to ride.
We both got what we wanted.

She's 70 now.
Her last visit was in January,
That first morning I got up,
Threw on my new robe
And went out to the kitchen for my coffee.
She came in from the guest room with her cup in hand.
Same bathrobes!
One pink- one blue.

We just laughed
And sat down together
And shared some memories about our Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment