Thursday, February 6, 2020

The fire hose


The weatherman said this morning we are in the middle of another "long-duration rain event."  No kidding.  I was working at the store yesterday, and even hardened Seattle natives who never complain about rain were complaining about the rain.

Other than the gloom factor, it doesn't affect our neighborhood, but in outlying areas, the major rivers are flooding towns and farmland.  Years ago, I kept my horse at a barn along the Snoqualmie River, and those floods were traumatic for humans and animals. 

 Snoqualmie River

They're teasing us now with the promise of a "semi-dry spell" next week. Needless to say, the yard looks a mess, every brick and pot covered with green moss and slime. On the bright side, the roots love a long drenching, and if we have a warm spring it will soon be glorious. February is my rose pruning/fertilizing month, when I can finally get outside for a few hours.

Anyway, up here under the dark clouds, I'm working through the alphabet soup of Medicare. And slowly but surely, things are falling into place. I realized the other day this is our first major life change together since we got married!  What a stable and very blessed life we've lived. This has been quite invigorating-- a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment