Friday, February 7, 2020

Here comes the sun


I made shepherd's pie yesterday with the last of the Christmas roast beef stashed in the freezer.  Of course shepherds herd sheep, not cattle, so their "pie" is traditionally made with minced lamb. But it's also a thrifty English method for cobbling together the Sunday dinner leftovers into a Monday casserole. Mashed potatoes on top of chopped meat and gravy. It was good, although we should have let it set up before diving right in. Another dark and wet night for comfort food.

The rain has outstayed its welcome, but lo and behold, the vitamin D is returning with a string of dry days starting on Sunday. Hopefully I can prune the roses, which are sprouting out like crazy. I go slightly nuts when I'm cooped up inside for too long.  Yes, I could walk around in the pouring rain with the miserable looking dog-walkers, but it isn't my thing.

Have a good weekend, dear friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment