Thursday, February 27, 2020

27 years


Well then. Happy anniversary to us. It honestly doesn't seem that long ago, but so much has changed since then-- happy events and the sad losses time brings to every family.  But how lovely remembering Mom, Wilda and John Sr. just as they were in this picture.

Anyway, here we are, many years later and embarking on the next stage of life.  The anniversary celebration today is somewhat overshadowed by the big retirement event tomorrow.

John's last day.  The only time I'm aware of that spouses can get special permission to enter the Boeing gate and visit the workplace. In 40 years, I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I've actually set foot on the (sorry, but paranoid) Boeing premises.

At long last, on his very last day, the husband's coworkers get the chance to check out that wife they've been hearing about for years. Ha! And of course, vice versa. I'm looking forward to connecting faces to the names of people I feel like I already know.

It sounds like quite a party shaping up.  A catered Italian style lunch for his immediate shop, followed by a big celebration for everyone to drop by and give him a good send-off.

And then, fortified with lasagna and cake, I guess we turn in our badges and head on down the new road.

1 comment: