Tuesday, December 3, 2019

A dry month



In November, Seattle had less than 2 inches of rain, and 5 inches is typical during our soggiest month. There were an amazing 21 days with no precipitation at all. I can't ever remember a November like it, with so many beautiful early sunsets. We only have about 8 hours of daylight now, so the extra light was a real gift.

Thanksgiving came late, and suddenly Christmas seems just around the corner.  I'm starting the freak out about those hundreds of cookies still to be baked, packages and cards mailed, oh yes, and decorating the big tree.  Well, I'm lucky, and can get it done (or not) on my own time.



Another interesting Seattle statistic: we have the 2nd worst commuting time in the country, just behind L.A.

The Ukes Christmas concert is today, and John says he's looking forward to the turkey dinner AND entertainment.  I don't think our rehearsal went well yesterday. We just don't play Christmas songs enough! Who wants to practice "Jungle Bells" in June?

I told him to lower his expectations. Also, my arthritic middle finger is acting up so I can't strum very loud, probably a good thing, since I consistently botch those obscure minor chords.

No comments:

Post a Comment