Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Pumpkin spice overload

I've put this cartoon on the blog every October since 2014.  It's just too funny.

What is pumpkin spice, anyway? According to Wiki, a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and allspice for people too lazy to mix it up themselves. 



At Trader Joe's, I usually help myself to a free coffee sample, unless they're pushing a nauseating flavor.  Everything in the store seems to have pumpkin spice this month. But people love it, and Starbucks makes an insane amount of money on PS seasonal lattes. They've sold over 400 million since introduced in 2003, with prices starting at about $5.  In Seattle, add our hefty "sugar tax" to that.

Well, I'm getting that long to-do list whittled down this week. Nothing particularly awful, but nothing fun either. I missed two perfect riding days and that's a bummer, because now it's going to rain for the foreseeable future. Unseasonably cold too in the Northwest, while the eastern half of the country bakes.

Today our new dishwasher gets delivered. Hopefully, they are skillful enough to install it, pushed in at a slight angle, or else I won't be able to open the door. Century old houses weren't designed with major appliances in mind. I thought the old one was really on its last gasp, but go figure, the thing is behaving just fine at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment