Friday, August 30, 2019

Goodbye August


Costco sells these beautiful mum plants in August, but you have to act fast. The cheap bags of fall bulbs were already gone to make room for the Christmas stuff pouring in. Too bad, I wanted to get a few more lillies, not that I need them.

The mums are a bargain at $12. Of course you have to lug the messy thing home in the back seat of the car, with your other giant warehouse packages and impulse purchases. Then unload everything at the curb, where hopefully you have a parking space in front of your house. Oh, Costco.  What would I do without you? Life would be simpler if I wasn't "saving" so much money.  Ha!

I'm glad September is here, a lovely month, and most people's favorite. Nothing bad happened this last week, but it was sure short on fun. I had two routine doctor appointments. And now I have the routine follow up tests to look forward to. Woo-hoo. At the store on Wednesday, I wasn't paying attention and made a couple of errors on the cash register. No problem, said the manager, all the cashiers make mistakes! But that took me down off my high horse.

It rained yesterday afternoon, a lovely and unexpected rain. You could almost hear the parched plants sucking up the moisture. The travel rush is on for the Labor Day weekend, but wild horses couldn't drag us out of West Seattle.  Have a good one wherever you are-- hopefully far away from the hurricane.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment