Thursday, January 31, 2019

So long, January



“Lots of people go mad in January. Not as many as in May, of course. Nor June. But January is your third most common month for madness.”

Karen Joy Fowler

We made it through January without a mental breakdown or so much as a cold, which always seems like a good omen for the rest of the year.  It must be the combination of clean living and daily wine.  Ha. I'm about to strap on my bossy new Fitbit and trudge off to the gym.

It's still too early to get excited about it, but we could finally get some snow on Sunday night. It's been so mild here, certainly compared to the rest of the country, but winter might not be done with us yet.  I enjoy our rare Seattle snowy days, and have hundreds of photographs of the yard to prove it, but I have an early flight to Las Vegas on Monday morning.  Hopefully it won't cause any problems, because it just takes a few flurries to throw this city into a tizzy. 

Speaking of the Fitbit, I'm starting to like it. When I was trail riding on Moe this week, it gave me credit for 7,000 extra steps, and buzzed me praise kudos for being an "over-achiever."  Now that's a first, but as John pointed out, Moe should get the step credit.  And I say if the all-knowing Fitbit thinks riding is exercise, that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't it Teddy Roosevelt who said that there was something about the outside of a horse being good for the inside of a (wo)man?

    ReplyDelete