Friday, January 18, 2019

Looking ahead to February


I signed up (again) for the community college drawing class I missed last fall.  This time I registered the correct way with an online account, instead of just sending a check in the mail then promptly forgetting about it.  So I got email confirmation, a supply list and other reminders.

The class meets Saturday mornings in February (I'll miss one) but hopefully the other three sessions will be fun and helpful.  My art, if you call it that, is mostly doodling and trying to copy exact pencil drawings from adult coloring books.  It's odd that I find that enjoyable, not tedious, because I tend to be slapdash about many things.

My favorite quote from Jane Austen:
 "And pictures of perfection, as you know, make me sick and wicked."

The first half of January has been the warmest on record in Seattle. We had several days of nice weather, but now we're headed into another long stretch of blustery wet storms that will keep us indoors.

Time goes quickly and we should never wish the weeks of our lives away, but I'm always glad to see the end of long January.  Some of the lucky retired folks in The Ukes are headed off to their Hawaiian condos or long sojourns in Arizona. It's hard not to be jealous of the snowbird lifestyle.

I'm looking forward to February though. I have a trip to Las Vegas planned, and with the return of light it feels like the start of spring in the northwest.  My mantra for the day: positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts.

Have a good weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment