Wednesday, January 30, 2019

"Calling Dr. Freud..."

Last night I dreamed I was being chased around by a vicious lobster. Probably just bad Karma, considering all the Crustaceans I've happily devoured. I was awake a long time after that one, and slept in until 5:30. I turned on the news and gave thanks I wasn't waking up in the Midwest.  It is a balmy 32 degrees in Seattle this morning. Factoring in windchill, that's 83 degrees warmer than Chicago.


This is a great soup for a cold night, cobbled together with, of all things, some leftover seasoned taco meat I had in the freezer.

No recipe required:  Saute some chopped onion, carrots, peppers and garlic, add one can of beef broth and one can of diced tomatoes with green chili, the taco meat and a can or two of black beans. Simmer until the vegetables are tender and the flavors blended. 

2 comments:

  1. I've always tended to look askance at people who made soup (or stew) from a recipe. At our house, soup was what happens when you accumulated an assortment of leftovers you didn't have enough of to "go around" one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,
    That's right. Making soup is creative cooking at it's best. The only problem (as John points out) is if you make something really good, you never quite replicate it. Oh, well!

    ReplyDelete