Friday, November 4, 2016

Easy potato cakes


2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 beaten egg
2 tbs. flour
2 tbs. chopped chives (or other herb)
Garlic powder and pepper
1/2 cup grated cheese


Mix everything in a bowl, then slowly fry the patties until golden brown on both sides, about 30 minutes.  I used olive oil with a touch of butter.   You don't need much-- they drink up all the fat you put in pan.  I used my new, non stick Swiss diamond 12 inch skillet (John likes to buy me kitchen slave gifts) and it worked beautifully.

These pancakes go with just about anything, even eggs.  Eat them plain or with applesauce or sour cream on top.

Good morning, Dad! You should ask Marji to make these for you sometime :-)


Well, I'm taking back the mean, dreary things I said about the weather.  It was sunny and warm yesterday-- a real spirit lifter of a day and I got in several solid hours of outdoor chores which made me feel better.

On Saturday the rain is coming back, but today is supposed to be nice after the fog burns off.  After sticking close to home yesterday (it was National Housewife Day) I'm driving out to the foothills to see my horsey friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment