Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Hello November


My favorite calendar month painting from the Book of Hours rolls around again, featured many times on the blog. The peasant is throwing sticks into the oak branches, knocking down mast to fatten his pigs.  The holidays are just around the corner.

It sure feels like November. There was pretty strong windstorm here yesterday and it stripped off most of the pretty leaves. The yard is looking downright messy. Then it poured rain last night for Halloween. But we still had about 50 trick-or-treaters, since I went through 4 bags of candy.

I like seeing the neighborhood kids at the door, with their watchful parents hovering on the sidewalk. They were all very cute and polite.  I noticed costumes with glowing light strings were popular, and of course, Star Wars never goes out of fashion.


Amanda sent me this picture last night of Nova, Adelina (the cat) and Maya and Finbar (the twin Darth Vaders.)  I'm not sure who the little tyke is.  Looks like everyone had a good time in Twisp. The town always closes Berger Street for trick-or-treating, with a bonfire and other fun stuff.

Tonight, the World Series game.  It's a divided house. I'm rooting for the Cubbies. Of course the Ohio boy is for the Tribe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment