Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Another season, another reason


These dark November days, just the beginning of this darkest winter, it's hard to remember Spring returns. In a sad daze,  I walked past the half price bulbs display at Home Depot this week and thought, why bother?

Crocus are fragile flowers that only bloom for a few days. The squirrels like to snip them off.  Well, we need beautiful and "useless" things more than ever now.   So I planted all 60 in one pot.
 

I usually just throw a string of lights on top of the arbor and call it a day, but this year I went wild.  And it sure cheers up the back entrance to our little world.

Life seems to be condensing and contracting in fearful way. More than ever, I appreciate our comfortable home, John's job, wonderful friends, family, nature, music, health.

Sometimes when you least expect it, good things come.  Like crocus in the Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment