Wednesday, July 13, 2016

At the luau

The view from the orchestra pit

It was fun being on the "other side" of a performance for the first time. The Ukes played some big Hawaiian hits at the luau yesterday, including: Tiny Bubbles, Little Brown Gal, Pearly Shells, Hasegawa General Store and Ukulele Lady. 

I have an endless loop of hokey songs rattling around in my old brain, but some of those were new!  No matter, I just followed along with all the chords I could play.


And I'm not familiar with these events (yet) but this looked like a good turn out...


We shared the limelight with the Senior Center's line dance team.  They are warming up before the performance.

 Relaxing post-show

Afterwards, the performers were treated to a free Hawaiian lunch of pork, rice and pineapple cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment