Thursday, March 17, 2016

Luck o' the Irish


Oh, I made the best corned beef and cabbage dinner last night.  And for lunch today, corned beef and Swiss sandwiches.  There isn't a picture because we couldn't wait to start gobbling it up.  Well, corned beef and cabbage isn't that pretty anyway, unless you love it and are tucking into a big pile.   John won't touch the cooked cabbage part so I ate it, about half a head.


I was home yesterday and simmered it all afternoon in my nice heavy Straub braiser.  Oven-roasted corned beef is OK but can be too salty. Of course I could have whipped it out in the pressure cooker in no time, but if you have the luxury of time, nothing beats stove top braising for tough cuts of meat.  At least that's my opinion. But you must have the right utensil.  When The End comes and I have to go out into the world with two pots on my back, I'll take the Fissler pressure cooker and Straub braiser.

How about some menu ideas for today?








Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment