Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Book hoarders


The new decorating craze is minimalist.  This funky look is definitely out.  Every day I drive past the three-story, narrow boxes they're building in West Seattle.  The front is always glass and metal, and the door a few steps from the street. You can peer right in at the blank walls, open staircases and sleek modern fixtures.  No one wants window drapes, comfy-squishy furniture and built-in bookshelves. 

 Along California Avenue

It looks a bit cold to me, but then our old house is crammed with the accumulated junk, clutter, dust and treasure of 36 years.  And books, books, books!

I told John the other day I was thinking about "cleaning out" the book collection.  Then I was immediately overwhelmed.  Where do I start?  How do I pick favorites? Would it really be "liberating" to throw out my English literature textbooks from college?  

Guess I'm not alone in my book hoarding tendencies.  These sayings were on the Huffington Post.







No comments:

Post a Comment