Friday, May 30, 2014

A nicer view from the kitchen table

After

I slept late this morning, almost until 6 am.  John was already working when I staggered to the kitchen to get my cup of wake-up Joe. What?  No hot coffee waiting in the pot?  I was so tired Thursday night I forgot to set it up before we went to bed.  Other than pushing the button, John doesn't "make" coffee at 5 am (I don't blame him) which meant he had to buy his on the way to work-- not that much of a hardship because he passes by two Starbucks.


Anyway, tonight is the first night in over a week when we don't have either company in the house and/or a construction zone outside.  It is very quiet. The new roof is finished, along with all the unseen repairs and carpentry. Our roofers were great and the foreman in particular went the extra mile.

I'll guess I'll take a picture sometime, but it looks fine, just an ordinary slate grey roof and if it keeps the rain out for a few decades, we're happy. We can't see it from inside anyway. But there were extra touches I appreciated, like sawing off the rotted eaves of the "garage" and putting up a nice new blue board to cover the ugliness along with the fresh new shingles on the falling down thing. My kitchen view.  Now it looks so nice I'll have to have a gutter put up, so one thing leads to another. 

Before

No comments:

Post a Comment