Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A devil of a storm

Happy Halloween, everyone. I hope the giant storm blew harmlessly over your head yesterday.  I hope you were not "impacted" by Mega-storm Sandy.  And if I had to pick the single word I dislike most in the English language, that word would be "impacted."  Sorry to sound crabby on Happy Halloween morning. We have a roof over our heads and a dry, warm bed.  We have good food and plenty of wine. But it is dark, it is wet, it is dismal in the Northwest.

The Pacific atmospheric river is aimed at us for the foreseeable future, with another inch or so of rain today in Seattle.  A piddling amount compared to Sandy, but enough to turn the freeways into gridlock and make a trip across town an epic journey. There was a 9-mile backup this morning on I-5.  I was planning a drive to the barn, but it's tempting to just stay home and raid the trick-or-treat candy bowl. 


No comments:

Post a Comment