Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Loops


If you came this way,
Taking the route you would be likely to take
From the place you would be likely to come from,
If you came this way in may time, you would find the hedges
White again, in May, with voluptuary sweetness.


T.S Eliot, Four Quartets


I've been writing a daily blog entry for nearly 3 years now, which is a loop of 12 seasons. I looked back at May 2010 when we went to the Weyerhauser Garden on Mother's Day, and there's a photo of the same white Viburnum that I took a picture of last Sunday.  I also took a picture of the exact Wisteria bonsai we photographed two years ago.  But on Sunday I felt like I was seeing them for the very first time.  

Of course nature endlessly repeats the cycle but is always fresh and new.  That's one explanation. But it's also a lack of mindfulness, and how we don't pay close attention to details that make up our daily lives.  Although I never run out of things to write about, I'm starting to say different things about the same things.  The blog is starting to remind me of an old married couple who love each other enough to listen to variations of the same stories over and over.



No comments:

Post a Comment