Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gloom

The garden is at a nice peak right now with the alliums and big iris blooming.  I cut some for the house like I always do and they give off the most amazing bursts of fragrance at night.

This morning is cold and gloomy which seems appropriate while a different cloud hangs over Seattle. It's impossible to come to terms with the senseless violence yesterday.

I'd spent the morning working in the garden and trying to ignore the helicopters and sirens (there are always sirens in the neighborhood!) So I was completely oblivious to what was taking place a few miles away.  We like to believe our corner of the world is safe and private but we're wrong about that-- there are no sanctuaries.

Remember the advice on "how to be perfect" yesterday morning?  When there's a shooting in the street, don't go near the windows.  Little did I know...

Globe Master Allium
Here's a sight to lift the heart.  The other morning two teenage raccoons were rolling and tumbling in the yard and I managed to snap a picture from the window before they ran away.

Innocent mischief

No comments:

Post a Comment