Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Antique capital of the Northwest

Snohomish "then"

The town of Snohomish is about an hour's drive north of Seattle. It was founded in the 1870's as a rough ferry landing for loggers, but now it's been transformed into a lady shopping destination with dozens of antique shops and "country" stores.

Susie and Julia making friends with a witch doctor

I spent the day there yesterday with my friends Susie, Julia and Grace. After a nice lunch (thanks, again Grace!) the treasure hunt started. Were we looking for anything in particular? Nope. Did we buy much? Nope. Did we have a fantastic time? Yes!

Snohomish "now"

If you've never had the antique mall experience, I can tell you it's a warehouse maze full of individual booths, crammed with anything and everything. It is bewildering and wonderful. We looked, we touched, we laughed, we exclaimed at prices and snitched decorating ideas. Lucky me, being a Nana I had the best excuse to shop for old toys. Along with the memory of a wonderful day with three best friends, here's what I came home with:

Something interesting for the "lady doll" box, and the cutest Breyer horse I've ever seen.

Nova,
Grandpa and I can't wait to see you tomorrow--
a little horse is waiting for you in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment