Saturday, June 19, 2010

Scallops with pasta

It won't surprise you to hear I'm still doling out scallops from my $20 Costco bag. And I think we're on meal number three. This is one of my favorite dishes, although I suspect John would rather have a bowl of penne with red sauce and sausage. To bad, I'm the cook and on Friday night we usually have seafood.

So, I seasoned the defrosted scallops lightly...
Then put on a pot of linguine to boil.
I used my new steel wok to sear the scallops. Would they STICK?
Nope, they turned nicely and left a good crust in the bottom of the pan.
I added a generous amount of garlic, lemon juice, pepper and a big glug of white wine. Then reduced the mixture for a few minutes on high heat...
I mixed in the cooked pasta, and violated the Italian "cheese-seafood" rule by adding some grated Parmesan. It helped bind the sauce...
It was delicious. John's comment was, "I guess a person only gets four scallops in this house!"
(That's right, John)

No comments:

Post a Comment