Saturday, June 26, 2010

Consider the lilies...

OK, after the third call to the Punjab, I'm a bit grouchy about Amazon customer support. My Kindle is very cool (thanks, John) but it seems the battery won't hold a charge more than 4 days. This pretty much eliminates the point of the whole thing. I might as well tote around a paperback, which won't go black on me in the middle of a sentence.

So yesterday morning I explained the problem once again from the start, and heard once again how the Amazon "software engineers" will "investigate" and get back to me in 3-5 business days. Which means I can look forward to another conversation with the Kindle support sweatshop on the other side of the globe.

Well, I had to step outside and take some flower pictures to distract myself.

The roses are at their peak, and the lilies just starting. The garish orange ones are always first. Unlike the finicky and fragrant Orientals, these Asiatics are tough as nails and come back every spring like clockwork.

Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not; they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Luke 12:27

No comments:

Post a Comment