Sunday, January 24, 2010

A good dinner helps

I'm always making recipes I can never exactly reproduce, and here's another one.

My brother Dave always brings us a big basket of gourmet treats for Christmas, and this year with a packet of goat cheese. We could have gobbled it up in one sitting with crackers, but chevre pasta sounded good.

I did this on the fly as usual, with what I had in the house. First I caramelized 1/2 onion with some sliced garlic and pepper flakes. This took about 30 minutes, then I took it off the heat and added 2 chopped Roma tomatoes and a few Greek olives.

I cooked some pasta, crumbled the goat cheese (4 oz) and mixed it in with the hot pasta and tomato, onion and olives.
The cheese melted instantly in the hot pasta, and made a delicious creamy sauce. Better and easier than Alfredo, and not nearly as fattening. It's been a pretty rough week, but a nice little dinner sure helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment