Tuesday, October 24, 2023

National Baloney Day

 

Yes, National Baloney Day rolls around again. Once the staple of  school sandwiches, now people eat more "lunch meat" which is supposedly healthier.  Cold cuts are traditional German food and we had something yummy called ring baloney in Pennsylvania. But my favorite was that dark, wood-smoked Lebanon baloney. White bread and yellow mustard.


So I've had my share of cured and processed meats and lived to tell about it.  But honestly, those childhood food memories are often better than the reality when you have these things again. Of course, it's possible that food just doesn't taste as good as it once did.

I'm worn out this morning from that Covid shot and my whole shoulder hurts. I woke up at 3:30 and did not go back to sleep. A cold rainy day with an afternoon nap in order. Hopefully that's the worst of it. Some brave souls are getting 2 and even 3 vaccinations at the same time. I can see the logic but not for me. We go back for our flu in a couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment