Thursday, October 26, 2023

Have plant, will travel

We're headed into the first stretch of cold weather, so I lugged the heavy Jade plants inside from the front porch. One of my fall rituals. It's a pain in the neck to find room, but I hate to see them freeze after so many years.

They aren't any trouble, other than hogging space. I only water them a couple of times during the dark winter, so they go into suspended animation for 6 months. You can kill a Jade more quickly with love than neglect.

Now this big boy is another story. It grew so much over the summer there really isn't a spot left to shoehorn it inside.


Amanda loves houseplants and the more the merrier, so I boxed it up to take along tomorrow. Certainly the largest tropical Stag Horn Fern in the Methow Valley.  The upcoming weekend looks sunny, cold and clear so excellent driving weather. I have a few fall chores over there before the snow really flies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment