Thursday, June 1, 2023

Morning perfection

 




Amanda got me out of the house at 6:30 this morning for an early exercise hike before she started work for the day. It was a real steep climb up from the bottom of the coulee where we parked. We went about 2 miles, not quite as far as she usually goes alone, but high enough for amazing valley views. 

Such a variety of birdsong along the way, including some rare gems popping up on my app, like the Lazuli Bunting and Bullock's Oriole.

The does have been bringing their fawns down to graze on the natural grasses in front of the house. It does look like a big salad bowl out there. Our bit of real lawn is looking rough, but frankly I don't care enough to dose it with chemicals.

Thanks to my son-in-law Tom, the wizard of irrigation systems, we got a faucet leak fixed last night and some of the bugs worked out. However, I'm still waiting for the contractor who said he would bring driveway gravel and do some upgrades on the system. Everything requires patience here, especially in the summer. His landscaping business is much in demand and he has bigger fish to fry. 

I'm going to Winthrop today to buy a better mop that might motivate me to give the floors a good spring cleaning. Just another day in paradise. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment