Friday, June 2, 2023

Above it all

 

Another invigorating early morning constitutional with Amanda and Nica, this time up to the bluff above Twisp. No surprise, the mayor and other city notables live in this neighborhood overlooking town. A safe distance from the river, I might add.

These walks sure put my lazy 2-mile city loop to shame. Instead of dodging traffic, how peaceful and beautiful it is, especially when the weather is perfect like this. 

The only thing not-so-perfect about this visit is the mosquitoes. The locals are saying they are much worse than usual. In previous years, I don't remember any at all this early in the summer. Maybe it's because the unusually high river wet the floodplains. Anyway, I'm one of those unfortunate people they love to bite. My ankles and arms are an itchy mess.

Having lunch with a friend in Winthrop today, then going to the elementary school spring concert with Amanda. Back to city life tomorrow. 

Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. "They" say if you pin an unused dryer sheet to your clothes, that will keep the mosquitoes away. Have not tested it. If it works, it'll keep them away; if not, at least you'll have static-free bug bites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. Next time I'll tape them to my ankles and wrists. Those buggers really know where to get ya!

    ReplyDelete