Monday, June 26, 2023

Full swing

 

The Seattle summer is finally in full swing and when the weather is nice here, you can't beat it. High temps in the 70's and the windows wide open during the day. Very few bugs and no real humidity. The lawn is already dried up, but the garden looks good with lilies blooming outside the bedroom window.

I always take a parting photo right before I lock the door and leave Twisp. I'm compulsive about getting everything spotless and ship shape. It's work cleaning up after these visits, but worth it when you come back and find everything ready and tidy.

The month of June is finally winding down. It was fun but busy, so we're happy getting back to our quiet routines for a while. I've neglected all my hobbies this summer--drawing, playing ukulele, reading. If I spend my time cleaning and cooking (not to mention, staring at screens) there's one to blame but myself.

And always yard work. I'm getting the borders ready for the new fence. The company said will take 5 days to pull out the old and build the new. This project is scheduled for mid-July.  

Yesterday our neighbor came running from across the street, worried that I was "cutting down" all my roses. I told her just a heavy prune that hopefully rejuvenates the climber Joseph's Coat. So much old, dead wood left from timid pruning over the years. I also cut a big viburnum almost to the ground (above.) What a mess, but it had completely covered up a pretty Japanese maple. You have to keep on top of the vegetation here.

That's about all the news from the upper left corner. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment