Thursday, June 29, 2023

In the category of...

 

How did I ever live without it? 

A quality cookie scoop John bought me recently. Actually three-- a small, medium and large size. Kitchen slave gifts.

I've made thousands of messy cookies over the years using just a teaspoon and my index finger. You wouldn't catch Martha Stewart dropping lumps of dough on a sheet with sticky fingers. And with a scoop, they turn out basically the same size (duh) great for making mini ice cream sandwiches. 

This is a straight up chocolate chip recipe, but with expensive extra large Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips and more walnuts than the recipe called for. I can't leave them alone, especially out of the freezer.

Speaking of scoops, the ones at the Senior Center kitchen are broken, and the dough they buy in tubs spreads into big thin pancakes. But they're crispy, and no one complains on member free cookie day. They should switch brands, or at least buy the volunteers a decent scoop! I won't ruin mine on that rock hard dough. 

Rest of country, so sorry for you suffering through the smoke and heat this week. I won't rub in our perfect weather, although it's going to get hot (for us) next week. Fourth of July is often cool and cloudy in Seattle which helps tamp down the firework chaos. Not so this year.

More yard work for me this morning and ukulele this afternoon. Good old Mr. Nguyen is coming to give an estimate on cutting the hedge. I'd like to get it done early before the new fence.


No comments:

Post a Comment