Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Peaceful on the river

 

I haven't turned the TV on and don't miss it. Funny how the latest news crisis ceases to be a crisis when you don't pay attention to it. Will the U.S. fail to honor its debts through political squabbling, the deadbeat nation of the world?

Anyway, why spoil the early morning river sounds with yakking news heads. An occasional loud gobbling is the only thing to break the peace. A group of tom turkeys likes to strut across the yard, showing off to each other like teenage boys.

I spent yesterday puttering around town and had a nice, quiet afternoon visit with my neighbor Karen on the deck. Today will be busier, as I'm making dinner for everyone here at the house tonight. Vegetable curry and salad rolls, so off to Hank's grocery store this morning to see what I can rustle up in the way of  "exotic" ingredients. The nearest Trader Joe's is 230 miles away in Seattle.


No comments:

Post a Comment