Friday, December 2, 2022

Oh, city tree

 

Not exactly Okanagan National Forest, but a pretty row of snow-frosted trees to pick from early yesterday morning. We bought a medium size Douglas Fir, the least expensive, for $60. 

Back in the old days, McLendon Hardware had the cheapest trees in town. So relatively speaking, this is a bargain. Who knows what they cost now at the hoity toity West Seattle Nursery?  

It's only money. Despite the work and mess, there's nothing like a fresh tree in the house at Christmas. We have more holidays behind us than ahead, and each one is precious.

Yes, it was as cold as it looks, and the side streets in our neighborhood glazed with treacherous ice. I put on long underware, parka, hat, gloves, boots and headed to the ukulele jam outside the brewery. 

We did Christmas carols, most of them fun and easy to play. I love the old songs, which are perfect for group ukulele. But frankly it sounds like a train wreck when we attempt things like John Lennon's simple but difficult classic "Happy Xmas (War is Over.)  His masterpiece "Imagine" is even worse. Most Beatles music is best left to the Beatles. Just my opinion.

A hour sitting outside would have been plenty, but of course they soldiered through for almost 2 hours. A bad thing happened. One of the players tripped on the rough patio and fell hard, hitting his head right in front of me. I was the only one who really saw what happened. 

It was awfully upsetting and I still can't get it out of my mind. He said he was OK, and I hope and pray he is, but it was a nasty fall. Things happen so quickly. I was chilled inside and out after that, and happy to get back to our warm safe house.

Have a good weekend, dear friends and family.



No comments:

Post a Comment