Friday, October 28, 2022

Fall scenes

 

This was the sight to greet me after the long drive yesterday. The cottonwoods are changing along the river and in a few weeks (or days) the leafless view switches over to winter mode. Also nice, but entirely different.

With two short rest stops and good driving conditions, the 230 mile trip takes about 5 hours. But praise be to our wide open West Seattle Bridge. I was 45 miles up I-90, almost to the summit of Snoqualmie Pass, in the time it once took to inch through the 7-mile detour out to the freeway. As they say, free at last!

Detour or not, I'm still tired when I arrive, although the peacefulness of the house and a cup of tea usually usually revives me pretty quickly. So I made a bowl of potato salad with red spuds from Lone Pine, and we went to Nova's volley ball award potluck last night at the high school. The girls were so cute and supportive, each one saying something appreciative about another team member. I just can't say enough good things about this school community, the parents and kind teachers.


I have Friday to myself while everyone is at work or school. Maybe a last bike ride around town? The high temperature should be in the 50's and partially sunny. Amanda said despite the predictions for rain lately, they have not had a drop of moisture in the Valley this fall. But the North Cascades off in the distance already have a light blanket of snow. It's coming down soon. Maybe as early as next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment