Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Jungle home

 

 

My garden missed me.  People often ask how many hours a week I work outside. In the spring and fall I put in some big days, but all summer it's more of a constant puttering. Dead heading, pruning, weeding and so on.  Anyway, it sure shows when I take a few days off. John did a good job keeping things watered, but I have catching up to do.

The flowers are just beautiful. When I have time I'll take some pictures. Some plants grew a couple of feet this week. I can't remember ever having such perfect weather for growing-- soaking rainstorms in the usually dry month of June, followed by record hot weather. Perfect recipe for a big jungle.  

The hottest it has ever been in Seattle was 103 degrees in July of 2009.  The weather forecast says it could be an eye-popping 101 on Sunday. Everyone is getting slightly hysterical at the mere thought.

Both the Las Vegas and Seattle airports were absolutely jammed. Long lines for everything, from sodas to security, shoulder to shoulder, social distancing is past history. I said to John that the air travel experience has returned to normal, only it's worse.  

On the bright side, I had an upgraded window seat near the front which came with a package of crackers and a complimentary glass of wine.  A 737-Max to be exact. A very lovely plane when it's on good behavior. So for 2 hours I sat and watched the landscape below gradually turn from desert brown to northwest green.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment