Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Amazing roses


Perfect long-stemmed red roses from the backyard? Really. This rose is always pretty, but this year just spectacular. Some of the stems are 3 feet tall. 

 


Wish I could take more credit for growing prize roses. I just did my usual routine: a light prune in the fall, a hard prune in February, and a hefty dose of slow-release fertilizer. Sometimes good things just happen. And the flowers love a wet early spring-- it rained almost constantly in March.

This morning I depart Seattle in a cool 55 degrees and descend into the mid-day furnace of Las Vegas.  The temperature on my sister's patio was closing in on 120 yesterday. Surely some sort of record. The local desert rats hunker down. The tourists start dropping like flies around the swimming pools.

No comments:

Post a Comment