Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Soggy thoughts

 

A droopy view of the garden this morning.  It was so chilly last night the furnace came on and it rained hard. (Of course it did, I watered everything yesterday.)

I went to Marshalls to buy some new shorts, just in case the weather ever warms up. Everyone was wearing a mask, in fact they're still required to enter the store. I found that reassuring.  After all these months, it feels brazen and scary being bare-faced indoors with a bunch of strangers.  Shopping at Hank's in Twisp was rather jarring.

I drove the long way home along Alki Beach to kill some time, also check out places to ride my scooter. People were out enjoying the chilly sea air, most with their faces uncovered.  

Nice to see that sensible first step back to feeling normal. We know the chances of catching the virus outdoors through casual contact are extremely low. And once vaccinated, they must drop to about zero. 

So I look forward to walking around the neighborhood without that chokey neck gaiter. If people cross the street (or cross themselves) when they see me coming, no hard feelings. That's enough said on the matter.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment