Monday, May 31, 2021

Calm before the ukulele storm

 

 
 
For months now, I've done a weekly Zoom session with some players from our old group called The Ukes.  5-10 smiling faces usually show up in the little boxes after I launch the meeting. It feels like inviting people to your party, then sitting back and waiting to see if anyone comes.

Unfortunately, Zoom wasn't designed for group music. If we all play at the same time, it just sounds garbled. So we take turns doing solos, which was scary at first, but turned into a confidence building experience for some of us. Being a "good singer" is totally optional in the world of ukulele playing-- just watch some ukulele YouTube videos. Ha ha.

Anyway, now we're vaccinated and the weather has warmed up, so I invited everyone over to the backyard this afternoon for our first in-person sing-a-long in since February 2020.  At least six people are coming, and possibly more will show up.  I'm really excited. After listening to other people's noise, I figure it's our turn to make some in the neighborhood. Maybe I can persuade John to take a few pictures before he goes into hiding for the afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment