Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday


I dug out my old flower press yesterday to dry some new cuttings. Ferns and pansies turn out especially pretty, and when the girls visit this summer they can make flower collages. They are both talented little artists and love projects like that. 

Speaking of budding artists in the Methow Valley, I bought these watercolor prints at the Twisp market done by Maya's second grade art teacher.  In second grade, we learned how to make paper chains with construction paper. No such thing as a special art teacher in elementary school, or even in high school for that matter.

 

I'm running out of motivation for home projects. We've had a basket of toys in the basement since Nova was a baby, and I finally cleaned it out. Maybe I was in denial they are growing up, but no doubts after seeing them last week. It's been 18 months since they were even here. I saved a few favorite things for sentimental reasons. Neither of them were ever into dolls, but they both love stuffies and they're good readers, thank goodness.

Summer is certainly taking its own sweet time getting to the Northwest.  This week, we had the coldest weather anywhere in the continental United States and that trend continues next week. Cold and gloomy in the mornings, with high temperatures only in the 60's. So much for the roses of May.

Have a good weekend.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment