Monday, November 30, 2020

Winter sun

 

I already feel nostalgic about our sunset view from the front porch. A new, two-story school addition is eventually going up, about where those portables are now. Who knows when, but it's definitely coming. 

Also, just down the hill on the play field, they're installing tall, extra bright floodlights for city wide evening sports. More lights, more noise, more people, more traffic. 

The city solicits comments from the adjacent homeowners on these projects, but by then, the planning process is already so far along that's just a formality. Who cares about the old house on the corner with the precious peek view. We don't have zoning restrictions for height in West Seattle. In fact, in the urban village, the taller, the denser, the better.  Too many small houses on large, wasteful yards. 

But for now, the big brick school is as quiet as Pharaoh's tomb. Nice in a way, but just too strange. Seattle Public Schools might stay on remote learning for the rest of the school year.  So sad, with all these children out to sea.

It was beautiful yesterday after the morning fog burned off. I'm trying to add hills and distance to my sauntering 2-mile loop. I'm lazy when it comes to pushing myself hard physically. Besides, whenever I do, something new starts to hurt. I'm plagued lately with intermittent heel pain, a common problem according to Dr. Google.  

A few years ago, I went to a podiatrist for the first time. The old guy was so interested in my genetically strange feet (Harvey toe, etc.) it was almost flattering. Well, CBD cream and Epsom salt will have to do.  I'm not going back to that small office at the height of the pandemic. 

After we get through a rainy Monday, it looks like a stretch of dry weather this week. Maybe we'll go out and get a small Christmas tree tomorrow. Other than that, we are home, home, home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment