Friday, March 27, 2020

The blender of days

I pulled out the waffle maker this morning and John said, "Wow! we're having a cooked breakfast?" (I only cook breakfast on the weekends.)  This is Friday, of course, but I thought it was Saturday.  The days have blended together. Like many people now, I have to look at the calendar in the morning to remember.

Of course, he said this one doesn't count, and he should still get a cooked breakfast tomorrow and Sunday. We'll see about that.

Our highlight this week was a trip to Metropolitan Market.   I was impressed with the care they took to protect their cashiers, and the early morning senior customers.

It works like this: you put your groceries on the belt as usual, then step back wait behind a line while everything gets rung up.  At that point, you move to the credit card terminal and let the cashier step back while you pay. We had a horrible bunched up experience at the Safeway check stands last week. I may never go back there, even when this is over.

Anyway, I'm a frugal shopper as a rule, but these are exceptional times. All sorts of good things went into the cart. I got beautiful organic produce, gourmet tidbits, crazy expensive "recycled" paper napkins and toilet paper. (Yes, they had it, if you're willing to pay the price.)   

Without so much as a blink, I bought a $12 free range whole chicken. I believe it had a name.
She was delicious with mashed red potatoes.
And there was still some carrot cake left.

Take care, dear friends and family. One day at a time. Keep your spirits up.

And in the greater scheme of things, it really doesn't matter what day of the week it is.

1 comment:

  1. You maybe need one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XDSQRMJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I have one by my bed. It is an "atomic" clock which resets itself every fall and spring with DST.

    ReplyDelete