Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday


We made it through the first week of retirement.  We are well and in good spirits.  We are still married.

I'm starting to get into this new routine.  Sit back at the kitchen table at 4 pm with a glass of wine, watch the sous-chef slicing and dicing under my supervision with his personal set of Japanese knives, all off-limits to other staff.  Fine with me.


Yesterday morning we met with our accountant. As a reward for talking about taxes owed, we treated ourselves afterwards to fish and chips at our favorite restaurant Sunfish on Alki.


We typically share the big combination so I can gobble up the fried oysters. Dad, wish I could transport you to the NW for your favorite delicacy!

Anyway, after that fried lunch, we sure didn't need a big dinner. I made lettuce wraps last night with this wonderful Panda brand sauce. It's hard to find in stores so I mail order it from Walmart.


Talk about a perfectly diced Mis en place!

Quite an easy recipe. Cook the ground chicken (or turkey) with the vegetables...
Add the packet of sauce...
So yummy wrapped in crispy ice berg lettuce.
Sorry P.F. Chang, these are ten times better than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment