Friday, November 29, 2019

Oatmeal for breakfast



Oatmeal with leftover cream and honey, which was some consolation.  

Did you have a nice Thanksgiving? It was a beautiful day in Seattle, sunny and bright. Made even better with good company, thanks to Betsy, Paul and Dave. The turkey dinner, if I don't say so myself, turned out great-- practice makes perfect.

Yes, I feel like I've made a thousand turkey dinners, but I can't be that old. I enjoy making that big meal (once a year) because people always seem to appreciate it. You don't want to mess with tradition, so the individual dishes are't hard or complicated.

For young cooks, the daunting part is getting everything on the table at the same time. Now I just cook all morning, so it's more of a coordination challenge than a last minute rush. Guests always want to "help," but I have a square yard (maybe) of working counter top and the kitchen has room for one medium-sized cook. Not very gracious, but I tell them go have a glass of wine and come back when it's time to tote dishes out to the table :-)

So, Black Friday. I can't think of a single thing I need to buy, but I just looked at my Amazon Prime account, and they beg to differ.




No comments:

Post a Comment