Thursday, November 7, 2019

One for the record books


Ho hum, another sunny November day. We haven't had rain since October 25th, and Seattle has never gone the first 10 days in November dry. No one is really complaining, but it's getting a bit creepy. Just watch, now it will probably rain every day in December. They call this "weather persistence" and it seems to be the new normal in the Northwest.

So, it finally happened at The Stop n' Shop.  They asked me yesterday if I was interested in working "in the back." Nope, not because of my dumb cashier mistakes, but because they offered me a paid, part-time position at the Senior Center. I guess my performance at the register wasn't bad as I thought. Ha.


Anyway, not exactly a glamour job-- processing and pricing the piles of new donations (yes, grubby) and running the store on weekends.  I was flattered at an opportunity to start a new retail career, but honestly, at this point in life, I'd much rather be a volunteer. Taking pay changes everything. Besides, working in the back, I'd miss my crazy customers.

And 3 hours a week is just about enough of this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment