Thursday, August 2, 2018

You can't keep a good writer down

I was delighted to discover that Garrison Keillor has resurrected his daily audio program, The Writer's Almanac. Once available on NPR, you can subscribe again to the podcasts. Click HERE.  You can read the daily entries on his website, or listen Garrison reading out loud.  I find his voice incredibly soothing, especially first thing in the morning.  

Goodness, it's chilly! I had to close the bedroom window, I was freezing. We're not even going to hit 70 degrees today, which of course makes the natives happy after the long heat wave.  There might even be a touch of free water from the sky (hooray!) The fire danger is critical across the state.  I talked to Amanda last night, the Methow Valley is smoky and they are on high alert for new fires.

John's sister Rachel is arriving tonight from Florida for a visit, and we're planning to take her to Twisp for an adventure weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment