Thursday, August 9, 2018

Nice


That's about half the Roma tomatoes off just one potted plant.  Too many tomatoes, what a nice problem. We never dreamed of a crop like that (much less hot peppers) in the old days of Seattle summer weather.  Maybe a few precious tomatoes from the "Early Girl" variety.  There were always those green ones sitting around the kitchen in September.  But I also think the veggie varieties had the heck bio-engineered out of them recently, because the plants are simply more prolific and ripen earlier.

Rachel left yesterday and is in Cincinnati visiting her sister.  She returns home to Florida on Sunday, and will be happy to see a certain spoiled kitty. It was nice for me having a companion around-- girls love to chat, and we did plenty of that!  I've had some little health issues and I'm seeing a chiropractor, which seems to be slowly helping.  (It appears that "Yours Truly" is not indestructible, after all.)

Anyway, I wasn't quite my usual tireless self this week, but we still had plenty of fun.  Some memorable firsts for Rachel included Trader Joes, Uwajimaya, Dim Sum lunch and an Uber ride downtown. Thanks for making the long trip out and we hope to get together again soon.

Last night was the hottest I can remember in Seattle.  I'm the "Princess and the Pea" about bedding, so we have three duvets:  a big fluffy down one for winter, a worn out, thinner one for fall/spring, and a light silk comforter (coverlet, really) for summer.  I bought it many years ago at Vermont Country Store.

For some reason, I forgot to dig it out of the downstairs closet, so we've been covered up like sweating Eskimos all summer.  I finally got it on the bed yesterday and we were much more comfortable. It's lovely and light, if you are in the market for such a thing well worth the price. Perfect for global warming.  

Well, back to normal routines.  No sitting around eating strawberries and gossiping with Rachel this morning, I'm headed back to the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment