Friday, August 10, 2018

Happy Birthday, Nova



And today is a very special day.  How time flies...I remember that morning 9 years ago like it was yesterday-- a call from Amanda, getting in the car at first light and then driving to Twisp.
By the time I arrived, so had she. 

Here's a poem I wrote:

For Nova

That morning you arrived,
You were our bright summer star.
And I drove East to greet you,
Body, Mind, Spirit--
With a prayer for every mile.

Time passed. Road and silence.
Mountains, rocks, fields,
The occasional gift of horses grazing.
And finally, clear desert light
Above the ancient river.

Then your Mother's call, at last!
Wonder and tears
Turning a roadside nowhere into Somewhere.
Oh, you thrilled us
With your big entrance: Here I Am.

So, an old story but still a fresh miracle.
And I arrived at a new place, too.
A little hand to hold,
Precious life to cherish,
The circle complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment