Saturday, July 7, 2018

Really?


I bought this marinated pork roast without really reading the label.  The directions said to cook it "no prep, no mess" right in the shrink wrap. You can put the whole unopened package right in the oven or crock pot. Yuck. Cooking in plastic is gross, not to mention, it was touched by countless dirty things in the grocery store: meat counter, hands, shopping cart, register belt and so on.



I took it out of the bag and cooked it on the grill.  We made little soft tacos last night that were pretty good, although when all is said and done, I prefer my own simple marinades without weird ingredients.  Live and learn.  Read labels.


So, looking forward to the first tomatoes and peppers.  The plants are growing like weeds and baking on the south side of the house.  I have to water the pots everyday.

The weekend is starting off cool and cloudy, good weather for my Saturday project-- once a year I paint the deck. A big job getting everything off the deck and cleaned, but the actual painting part is not bad. 

I can't help myself. Another showoff lily picture.
See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment